Michael Sawyer, MD, FACS
Bariatric and General Surgeon
Dr. Sawyer graduated from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School with his Medical Degree in 1985, giving him over three decades of experience in his field. After obtaining his degree, he completed his general surgery residency with the Graduate Hospital – Tenet Healthcare. Dr. Sawyer is certified by the American Board of Surgery. To stay up-to-date in his field, he remains a professional member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, American Hernia Society, and The Society of the Alimentary Tract. He has also been inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Sawyer is a former Army surgeon and Lieutenant Colonel. Dr. Sawyer currently practices with his private practice, Memorial Medical Group Bariatrics, and is affiliated with Comanche County Memorial Hospital.
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery
- Revision surgery
Education, Training, and Research
- Medical School – Rutgers
- Residency and Fellowship – University of Pennsylvania
- New Ovine Polymer-Reinforced Bioscaffold in Hiatal Hernia Repair
- A Polymer-Biologic Hybrid Hernia Construct: Review of Data and Early Experiences
Dr. Michael Sawyer is a paid consultant for TELA Bio.